Saturday, September 12, 2009

FBC San Antonio

If you do not have a church home, or aren't quite sure if you are where God is leading you to be, then you MUST visit First Baptist Church San Antonio, under Pastor Don Guthrie! 515 McCullough Avenue / San Antonio, TX 78215 http://www.fbcsa.org/templates/cusfbcsa/default.asp?id=34507


I cannot begin to explain how phenomenal this church family is. We periodically visited FBC for about a year before finally making the decision to join. Several weeks later I was placed on bedrest, yet several members of our Sunday School class organized for meals to be brought in to our family 2-3 times per week! They continued to bring meals from January through May! (And these folks can cook!)


During a two-week stay in the hospital, a crew of men, women, and children came to our house to work on many projects that needed to be completed: painting the nursery, installing a bathroom cabinet (plumbing and all), washing, organizing tons of baby clothes, assembling swings, patching drywall, etc etc etc!


I cannot possibly name everything that these people have done, but I can without a doubt say that we have been supported in prayer from some of the most dedicated Christians I've ever had the pleasure to know!


Just before this school year began, two of my now dearest friends, Cammie and Traci, sat down with me and presented me with a calendar. This calendar is a schedule of various members of FBC SA who have volunteered to come and help out with caring for our three miracle babies. Monday - Friday these angels come to our home and spend three hours helping with babies and keeping the house up. Each day there are three shifts! THAT IS NINE HOURS EACH DAY OF THE WEEK THAT I HAVE HELP! Many of these people I didn't even know until they showed up the first week.


Thank you FBC! God bless you FBC! We are blessed beyond measure to have joined the FBC family!

No comments: